Tuesday, April 11, 2017

REVIEW: Darcy's Honor by Victoria Kincaid

Book Blurb: Elizabeth Bennet is relieved when the difficult Mr. Darcy leaves the area after the Netherfield Ball. But she soon runs afoul of Lord Henry, a Viscount who thinks to force her into marrying him by slandering her name and ruining her reputation. An outcast in Meryton, and even within her own family, Elizabeth has nobody to turn to and nowhere to go.

Darcy successfully resisted Elizabeth’s charms during his visit to Hertfordshire, but when he learns of her imminent ruin, he decides he must propose to save her from disaster. However, Elizabeth is reluctant to tarnish Darcy’s name by association…and the viscount still wants her…

Can Darcy save his honor while also marrying the woman he loves?

My Review: In this newest book from Victoria Kincaid Darcy tries to save Elizabeth after she is ruined by an unscrupulous Viscount. I enjoyed how even though Darcy fought with his reservations about Lizzy's family he still kept proposing marriage to her. I felt sorry for him at one point by how many times Lizzy turned him down because she was trying to protect his family's reputation. In between the ups and downs of their relationship help comes from a very unlikely source in restoring her honor.

This book kept me riveted from the time I picked it up until the time I finished it. Like always Ms. Kincaid has penned another winner.

Rating: 4½ stars of 5

*I received a copy from the author, All opinions are my own and shame on you if you think otherwise. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment