Monday, April 24, 2017

REVIEW: The Darcy Monologues edited by Christina Boyd

Book Blurb: “You must allow me to tell you...”
For over two hundred years, Jane Austen’s Mr. Darcy has captivated readers’ imaginations as the ultimate catch. Rich. Powerful. Noble. Handsome. And yet, as Miss Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice” is established through Elizabeth Bennet’s fine eyes, how are we to know what his tortured soul is indeed thinking? How does Darcy progress from “She is tolerable: but not handsome enough to tempt me” to “I thought only of you”?

In this romance anthology, fifteen Austen-inspired authors assemble to sketch Darcy’s character through a series of re-imaginings set in the Regency through contemporary times—from faithful narratives to the fanciful. Herein “The Darcy Monologues”, the man himself reveals his intimate thoughts, his passionate dreams, and his journey to love—all told with a previously concealed wit and enduring charm.

Stories by: Susan Adriani * Sara Angelini * Karen M Cox * J. Marie Croft * Jan Hahn * Jenetta James * Lory Lilian * KaraLynne Mackrory * Beau North * Ruth Phillips Oakland * Natalie Richards * Sophia Rose * Melanie Stanford * Joana Starnes * Caitlin Williams

My Review: I was excited when I heard that a book that were separate stories but all were from Darcy's point of view was being released. First of all I have to say that all the stories are very well written but I enjoyed the ones that set place in the Regency era the most. Don't get me wrong I liked the other era ones but just not as much as those. Some of these stories made me laugh and others rage but in the end I enjoyed them all. My favorite stories had to be The Death of a Bachelor and From the Ashes.

If you are a Darcy fan I recommend buying this book when it is released in May.

Rating: ★★★★☆

I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and I tried to be very non-spoilery so I wouldn't ruin readers own opinions of the book.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your early review. So glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and reviewing The Darcy Monologues. I'm glad you enjoyed the stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reviewing TDM, Tina, and for recommending Christina’s anthology to fans of its protagonist. That you enjoyed all the stories, and that mine was one of your favourites, certainly put a smile on my face today.
    Cheers,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your non-spoilery review - the best kind IMO. I'm so looking forward to this book, Tina, like just about everyone in the JAFF-o-sphere (wish I'd though of that term but I've "borrowed" it from Linda Beutler). 21st May still seems so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am really looking forward to reading this book!! Fifteen stories,all from Darcy's perspective!!! Sigh!!!
    Cheers for such a lovely review!!

    ReplyDelete