Sunday, April 09, 2017

REVIEW: Beauty and the Beast manga by Mallory Reaves

Book Blurb: In Disney's live-action film "Beauty and the Beast," Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman, is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle's enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast's hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince inside. This manga explores Belle's innermost thoughts as she learns that true beauty comes from within.

My Review: This volume of the manga tells the story of the live action Beauty and the Beast through Belle's eyes. I really enjoyed the art style and I enjoyed the story through Belle's perspective.  And I liked being able to see what happened to her mother.

Book Blurb: In Disney's live-action film “Beauty and the Beast,” Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman, is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle's enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast's hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince inside. This manga explores the Beast's struggle as he tries to move on from his past and learn what it is to love.

My Review: This manga explores Beast's side of the story and man what a life he had. Let's blame the fact that your mother died when you were young and then your father grew cold and harsh as a reason to be an asshole. Belle lost her mother too but that didn't make her a bitch.

My Overall Review: These mangas are worth picking up to add to your collection (I know I'll be picking them up). I assume they tie into the live action movie very well but I wouldn't know since I haven't seen it yet.

Rating: 4½ stars out of 5

* I received a copy of these books from NetGalley. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment