Saturday, November 19, 2016

BLOG TOUR: Darcy's Hope ~ Beauty From Ashes by Ginger Monette ~ Review

I received an advanced copy of this book from the author.

Book Blurb: 1916. World War I has turned French chateaux into bloody field hospitals, British gentlemen into lice-infested soldiers, and left Elizabeth Bennet's life in tatters.

Her father is dead and her home destroyed. Never again will Elizabeth depend on a man to secure her future!

But when an opportunity arises to advance her dreams of becoming a doctor, she is elated—until he arrives....
Heartbroken. Devastated. Captain Fitzwilliam Darcy is left rejected by the woman he loved and reeling from the slaughter of his men on the battlefield. “Enough!” Darcy vows. “No more sentimental attachments!”
But arriving at a field hospital to pursue a covert investigation, Darcy discovers his beloved Elizabeth training with a dashing American doctor and embroiled in an espionage conspiracy.

With only a few months to expose the plot, Darcy is forced to grapple with his feelings for Elizabeth while uncovering the truth. Is she indeed innocent? Darcy can only hope….

My Review: I will be the first to admit that the World Wars don't really fascinate me. I don't really read books set in those time periods though I have made some exceptions. But I was intrigued when I read the blurb for this book over a year ago. I have been patiently waiting for this book to be released and I am glad that Ms. Monette took the extra time to polish this book up. However it took me no time at all to read this book and now I'm impatiently awaiting the second book in the series. The characters are all very believable and so are the situations they are put in. I will be reading the second book in the series and so should you.

Rating: 4½ stars out of 5

Author Bio: The teacher always learns the most. And in homeschooling her children, Ginger Monette learned all the history she missed in school. Now she's hooked—on writing and World War I.

When not writing, Ginger enjoys dancing on the treadmill, watching period dramas, public speaking, and reading—a full-length novel every Sunday afternoon.

Her WW1 flash fiction piece, Flanders Field of Grey, won Charlotte Mecklenburg Library's 2015 Picture This grand prize.

Ginger lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, where she happily resides with her husband, three teenagers, and two loyal dogs.


Nov 3: VVB32 Reads
Nov 8: VVB32 Reads
Nov 16: Laura's Reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Tina, for featuring Darcy's Hope on your blog today!

    I have to admit World Wars didn't really fascinate me either. And even then I would have thought WW2 would have interested me more.

    But the more I researched WW1, the more I became intrigued. The willingness of everyone in Britain to do SOMETHING to aid in the war effort was a beautiful example of how people can come together for a common cause and make a huge difference. It's had a profound effect on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The characters are all very believable and so are the situations they are put in. I will be reading the second book in the series and so should you."

    Couldn't have put it better! I'm currently in the middle of the first book and if it hadn't been for some other things cropping up, I'd have been well finished by now.

    ReplyDelete