Thursday, April 21, 2016

BLOG TOUR: Sufficient Encouragement by Rose Fairbanks ~ Review

I received an advanced reading copy in exchange for an honest review.

Book Blurb: We are all fools in love…

Some say a lady’s imagination is very rapid. Such is the case when Elizabeth Bennet overhears that Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy admires her eyes. She thinks nothing for herself, but immediately considers her dearest sister’s growing attachment to Mr. Darcy’s friend. If Elizabeth spurns such a wealthy—and proud—gentleman, he might do everything in his power to separate his friend from her sister.

Raised in a world of expectations and pedigree, Darcy knows Elizabeth Bennet can offer him nothing of material value. As his attraction for her grows, he becomes increasingly convinced his feelings are nonsensical. Still, he might forsake it all if only he had true encouragement.

Misunderstandings lead to betrayals, and the couple soon learns falling in love takes courage but staying in love requires forgiveness. Traversing from the groves of Hertfordshire to the drawing rooms of London to the complexity and danger of Luddite revolts in Yorkshire, Sufficient Encouragement follows Darcy and Elizabeth’s journey of love and forgiveness.

*This story contains a scene of nonexplicit sexual violence.

My Review: Sufficient Encouragement is the newest book by Rose Fairbanks set against the Luddite Rebellion. To me this book was fairly interesting. We have Wickham trying to get revenge on Darcy by stealing his girl, Bingley gets a backbone and decides to go against his friends and family to court Jane and well Lizzy decides to deal with Darcy's attentions until Jane and Bingley hook up. However she does geniunely fall in love with him. However, I hated how Wickham tried to blackmail Lizzy into marrying him but the situation works itself out.

To me this book felt very slow and we don't even get to see any action with the Luddites until almost the end of the book. They are mentioned throughout part of the book but even when they go to deal with them nothing really gets resolved. Is it bad of me that I wanted to know more about Lord Arlington and Colonel Fitzwilliam than wanting to read about Darcy and Lizzy? With that being said I will be picking up the other books in the series as I want to know more about Arlington's and Richard's love lives.

Rating:  ★★★★☆

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it is bad of you if you are more interested in the minor character of Colonel Fitzwilliam - so am I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy stories about Richard as well as ODC, as I want him to have an HEA too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like my reply from the other day didn't go through. :( Thanks for the review and I'm happy to hear that you're interested in Richard and Arlington! I used to really not care about minor characters, but after years of reading JAFF, I know the happy ending for Darcy & Elizabeth is a given. Minor characters can really surprise you with their stories! I was hoping to create this sort of interest in them for the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never got a notication about you sending a comment. Blogger must have ate it. lol

    ReplyDelete