Saturday, January 23, 2016

REVIEW: Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson

Book Blurb: It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman teetering on the verge of thirty must be in want of a husband.

Not true for Manhattanite Elizabeth Scott. Instead of planning a walk down the aisle, she's crossing the pond with the only companion she needs; her darling dog, Bliss. Caring for a pack of show dogs in England seems the perfect distraction from the scandal that ruined her teaching career, and her reputation, in New York. What she doesn't count on is an unstoppable attraction to billionaire dog breeder Donovan Darcy. The London tycoon's a little bit arrogant, a whole lot sexy, and the chemistry between them is disarming. When passion is finally unleashed, might Elizabeth hope to take home more than a blue ribbon?

My Review: I will say that when I began this book I went into with a little apprehension. I've been hearing a lot of great things about this book but I wondered if it had just been a bunch of hype. The Elizabeth of this tale was a lot more feisty and prejudiced than the original and Donovan (our resident Mr. Darcy) was less arrogant than his original counterpart. I have to say though that I fell in love with both of their characters. I hated that Elizabeth got fired from her job because of a lying asshole (excuse my french). I will admit that the rest of the characters didn't really stick out to me all that much. I was much more interested in Elizabeth and Donovan than anybody else. I did enjoy the fact that Donovan got Elizabeth reinstated at her old job but those idiots shouldn't have fired her in the first place. I also really enjoyed the dog show aspect of the novel.

This novel was very good and it has been made into a movie that is premiering tonight January 23rd on the Hallmark Channel at 9 pm. I know I'm watching it what about you?

Rating: 4½ stars out of 5

2 comments:

  1. I am reading the book right now, because I don't have cable and wanted to 'see' the movie! LOL! Good, quick review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't even bother with the movie. The book is so much better.

      Delete