Thursday, January 21, 2016

REVIEW: Letters To Erik: The Ghost's Love Story by An Wallace

Book Blurb: Christine de Chagny is still haunted.

When the Opera Ghost sent Christine away to marry his rival, the youthful and winsome Vicomte Raoul de Chagny, she promised the Ghost that she would return to bury him when he died. Unable to keep her word and tormented by grief and regret, she starts writing letters to the man she believes to be dead-only to discover that some ghosts can never be laid to rest.

Picking up where Gaston Leroux's novel ended, Letters to Erik is a story of forgiveness, redemption, and steadfast love.

My Review: This book is a continuation to where the original book leaves off. I have been wanting to read this book for awhile now and since I had some extra money this month I decided to buy it. First off it is no easy feat getting this book for under $20 after you have to pay for shipping costs. Thankfully I managed to get it off Amazon for just under that. I would have loved for this book to be available as a ebook for a fraction of the price I paid for it.

I don't like how in this book Christine was married to Raoul even if it was only for about three years. The way he treated was horrible and if I had been her I wouldn't have put up with it. Throwing a fit after she gets done singing in church, refusing to let her have friends, doesn't really show her any affection unless he wants some. Hell he even goes so far to deny that their second child is even his. I'm glad that he died while on a expedition in the north. Though I did keep waiting for him to pop back up after Christine goes on with her life.

I was very happy when Erik showed back up in Christine's life and preceded to sweep her up off her feet and marry her. There was no real struggle in this book for them to be together. The only real obstacle he had to overcome was finding out his family name so they could be married and that brought about an unexpected boon to him. In all fairness this book was very predictable and it needed a better editor as I found some misspelled words scattered throughout the book.

If you are looking for a sweet romance featuring Erik and Christine look no further than this book.

Rating: ★★★★☆

0 comments:

Post a Comment