Wednesday, October 28, 2015

REVIEW: Lucky 13 by Cat Gardiner

Book Blurb: New York City advertising executive, Elizabeth Bennet is determined to find a respectable date to take to Christmas dinner with her insane family. So, what’s a girl to do with only 26 days remaining? She and her best friend embark on a mad-cap dating blitz.

Speed dating and blind dates become a source of frustration when one man continually shows up, hell-bent on either annoying her or capturing her heart. Fitzwilliam Darcy, wealthy, hunky, part time New York City firefighter is Elizabeth’s new client, one of thirteen men chosen for a fundraising, beefcake calendar.

Sparks fly and ignite as misunderstandings abound. Sit back and laugh as friends and family play matchmaker, conspiring to bring these two together for an unforgettable, hot, holiday season in New York City.

Lucky 13 is a fresh and fun Pride and Prejudice inspired contemporary, holiday romance. Imagine "You’ve Got Mail" meets "Sex in the City" in a sexy tale where the secondary characters are as lovable as our hero and heroine. Let the holiday season come to life with romance, comedy and a ton of feel good moments that'll leave you smiling and dancing.

My Review: I bought this book about a year ago and just never got around to reading it. To tell you the truth I subconsciously avoided it because I just love regency Darcy. Don't get me wrong I do love a modern Darcy but those books I read sparingly. I admit the only reason I decided to read this book is because the first anniversary party is rolling around on facebook tomorrow and I want to attend.

However I wasn't ready for this book to be awesome. Now I wonder why I waited so long to read it. I love how this book to me was more an experience and less a chore than some books. It was also very cool that there is a blog that you can follow while reading this book with posts from Lizzy, Charlotte and towards the end Darcy himself. I also love how the blog continues past the book and into this year. There is a spotify playlist you can list to as well but since I don't have spotify I didn't listen to it.  I really recommend reading this book even if you aren't a Pride and Prejudice fan.

Rating: ★★★★★

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Tina! I'm blown away and flattered by your wonderful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed Lucky 13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and I'm looking to reading Villa Fortuna when it gets released.

      Delete