Saturday, September 12, 2015

REVIEW: Earning Darcy's Trust by Jennifer Joy

Available for purchase on Amazon. It's also part of Kindle Unlimited. 

Book Blurb: Tragedy strikes Pemberley and Fitzwilliam Darcy must assume the role of guardian to his maiden sister, Georgiana. 

When Darcy’s trust is betrayed by a childhood friend, Darcy decides to take affairs into his own hands— only to find himself blackmailed by his worst enemy and manipulated by a woman who would ruin his innocent sister’s reputation to suit her own wants.

Miss Elizabeth Bennet longs for excitement and a good match for her dear sister, Jane.

Hope springs in Elizabeth’s heart when Mr. Bingley lets Netherfield Park and sets his sights on Jane. Victim of a poor decision, Elizabeth is forced to spend time with the disagreeable Mr. Darcy. She learns that there is more to the gentleman than meets the eye and she has the key to solve his problems… if only he would trust her. 


My Review: First of all I have to say that Ms. Joy is very sly. I had no idea that she was releasing a new book so soon. I did enjoy her first two books and once I read the blurb for this one I was intrigued and decided to check it out. Darcy in this book is very agreeable. I would imagine this is how he might have acted if his father was murdered in front of him. Though I might add that he should have had some anger towards that as well. The Bennets were as they always are except omg Mrs. Bennet actually tries to rein in Lydia's behavior somewhat. What is the world coming to when Mrs. Bennet tries to act like a mother?

I have come to expect a lot of stuff from Caroline but to even briefly attempt to blackmail Darcy into marriage that is a low blow even for her. And Mrs Hurst was in on it! I like how Mr Hurst and Bingley took control of the situation after they were told about it. One of the only problems of this book is that every situation just seems to be wrapped up to quickly. Besides that this book was a enjoyable read and I look forward to more of Ms. Joy's books.

Rating: ★★★★☆

0 comments:

Post a Comment