Saturday, June 27, 2015

REVIEW: An Unforgiving Temper by Gail Head


Book Blurb: In "Pride and Prejudice," by Jane Austen, what if Elizabeth never went to Pemberley?
    What if Fitzwilliam Darcy was not the only one with an unforgiving temper?
    What if the events in Ramsgate ended in an explosive conflict that set their course on a different path that was filled with implacable resentment and a rapacious thirst for revenge?

My Review: So to start off with I knew nothing about this book until Kobo recommended it to me. I'm very glad that I purchased it though. This book starts off with Wickham blackmailing Lizzy into becoming a lady's companion. The idea is to separate Lizzy and Darcy so that they wouldn't get together. This is all on Lady Catherine's orders by the way. Lizzy ends up becoming a companion and the girl's guardian actually becomes interested in Lizzy. Elizabeth ends up convincing Lord Grissholm to help her get the letters that Lydia wrote to Wickham back while Darcy and Bingley are desperately searching for her because her father is extremely ill after suffering two heart attacks and there are rumors being spread that Lizzy is with child (which is totally false by the way). Anyways a lot of stuff happens, the villains get what's coming to them and Lizzy and Darcy get their HEA. 

I really enjoyed this book. I wish that I could have found this book along time ago as it's really quite good. It's very long but it's really good. The only thing that bothers me is that you can't find the ebook copy on amazon only kobo. Though amazon does sell paperback copies of it. I wish the author would have updated the versions of the book you can them get over all the popular book buying sites. Oh well. 

Rating: 4 ½ stars out of 5

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tina, for the review. I am not familiar with this one either, or the author, for that matter. It sounds like something I might be interested in reading though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s available in epub, mobi and pdf on smashwords.

    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/44623#/download

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost never go on smashwords. So it's no wonder why I didn't know about it. lol

      Delete
    2. Only the first 10% of it thought then you must purchase it if you like it! Sounds goods!

      Delete