Sunday, June 21, 2015

REVIEW: My Japanese Husband Thinks I'm Crazy: The Comic Book by Grace Buchele Mineta

Book one of the Texan & Tokyo series

Book Blurb: “My Japanese Husband Thinks I'm Crazy: The Comic Book” is the autobiographical misadventures of a native Texan freelancer and her Japanese “salaryman” husband: in comic book form.
From earthquakes and crowded trains, to hilarious cultural faux pas, this comic explores the joys of living and working abroad, intercultural marriages, and trying to make a decent pot roast on Thanksgiving.

My Review: To start this review off I have been following Grace and Ryosuke on YouTube for months now. I found their channel through Rachel and Jun's. I do look forward to their videos. On to the actual review now. This book tells the reader about mostly Grace's daily life and experiences living in Japan as a foreigner. You also get to read articles about different parts of Japanese culture in addition to the adorable comics she drew. 

I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to reviewing the next two books in the series. I recommend reading this series if you have an interest in Japanese culture. You can buy the book through the link below. 

Rating: ★★★★★

Purchase: Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment