Sunday, May 24, 2015

REVIEW: Undone Business by Rose Fairbanks


Received a copy from the author.

Book Blurb: Upon leaving Hertfordshire in early December, Darcy feels certain he provided reasons for Elizabeth to distrust Mr. Wickham. She, in turn, believes Darcy understands Jane’s feelings for Mr. Bingley. Disappointed in her attempts to see Bingley again, Jane despairs of ever finding happiness. Yet, the business of life cannot always remain undone. When Darcy and Elizabeth meet again in Kent, both couples must face the courses their lives have taken. Undone Business explores the cost of both opportunities missed and second chances seized.

The Review: What to say about this novella? It was a good little story. This book starts off at the Netherfield ball with Darcy trying to warn Lizzy about Wickham but doing a bad job of it. Lizzy was just as judgmental in this tale as she was in Miss Austen's original story. I liked that Darcy and Elizabeth talked more while they were both in Hunsford and the fact that the letter was just him saying he was sorry. My heart melted when I read that simple letter. However how the hell do you fall in love with a person just days after you profess to hate him? That just didn't seem realistic to me. Jane growing a pair when it comes to Bingley not returning to Netherfield to court her was very believable, he didn't deserve her. She needed to less docile anyways  I liked the fact that she ended up with the man who wrote her poetry when she was just fifteen years old. Though this time he is a widower with a young daughter. 

I will admit that I had mixed feelings before reading this book as I had read a lot of mixed reviews. But I'm glad that I read it. I am eagerly awaiting being able to read more of Ms. Fairbanks books in the future.

Rating: ★★★★☆

0 comments:

Post a Comment