Tuesday, April 21, 2015

REVIEW: Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon (The Chronicles of Nick)


Book One in the Chronicles of Nick


I actually started this book last year but never really got into it so I put it aside. I just recently picked it back up and managed to get through it this time.

Book Blurb: At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he's next on the menu.

As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?

The Review: So this book starts off the Chronicles of Nick series which is the young adult spin off of the Dark-Hunter series. As I stated earlier I started this book last year book couldn't make myself finish it. Nick is not one of my favorite characters from the Dark-Hunters series. Actually I would have to say that I really didn't like him at all. It was alright at the beginning of the series but as it went on I grew to dislike him a lot. In this book he is just as annoying but somewhat more likable.

I have to say that I enjoyed the parts of the books where Acheron, Kyrian, Simi and old characters from the Dark-Hunters showed up. Being able to see them made the book for me. However a bunch of new characters showed up in the book as well. We get to see Nick's dad in jail serving out his sentence while trying to protect his son and his son's mother. We also find out that his dad is a Malachi which is some type of powerful demon. Also another character named Ambrose shows up which is Nick from several centuries in the future trying to fix his past so that he doesn't become evil.

I have to say after I got further into the book I actually started to enjoy it (which is hard for me to admit).  The only problem I had with it was that it was so slow starting. I would recommend this book for anybody who enjoys the Dark-Hunter series. I guess anybody who hasn't read the Dark-Hunter series would enjoy it as well.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment