Wednesday, April 08, 2015

REVIEW: If the Slipper Fits by Olivia Drake




So I just happened to be looking at books on Amazon when I ran across this one. I’m very glad I decided to get it. This is book one of the Cinderella Sisterhood.

Book Blurb: Raised in a girls’ school, Annabelle Quinn longs for the world outside the walls of the academy. When she’s hired as the governess to an orphaned duke, Annabelle never expects the child’s breathtakingly handsome guardian to capture her imagination—or her heart.

Falling for his young nephew’s governess is an irksome complication in Lord Simon Westbury’s orderly life, but Annabelle’s quiet beauty and wry intellect are too much to resist. Meanwhile, a mysterious danger looms over the remote Cornwall estate. Will their newfound desire stand the test of time? Or are some happy endings just too good to come true?

My Synopsis: The book starts out the reader meeting the heroine, who works as a teacher in a girl’s school in York. She was dropped off as a baby on the doorstep of the school and has lived there her whole life. First she was there as a student and then she became a teacher. One day the headmistress gets a letter stating that a titled lady is coming to conduct interviews to find a governess for the young Duke of Kevern. She manages to secure an interview and is chosen as the new governess. She reaches the estate and ends up meeting Simon Westbury, the young duke’s uncle. Events happen and she ends up as the sole teacher for the Duke.

Eventually she melts Simon’s heart and she in turn falls in love with him. There is also a villain in the local vicar’s curate. There is also a plot to ruin Annabelle in the eyes of society which quickly turns to murder.

My Opinion: I have to say that I really liked this book. I started this book in the morning and finished it in the afternoon. I just could not put this book down. I read the kindle version of the book and it was very nicely formatted. I could not see any spelling errors at all.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

This book is definitely worth reading. I would recommend it to anybody who loves a good Victorian romance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment